The Software Engineer is part of an actuarial team, working with actuarial programmers to build new features in a high-performance computing application. You will also be responsible for assisting with ongoing maintenance of the code and assisting internal clients with issues related to AXIS.
Your role will entail working independently alongside actuaries and system developers:
- Programming complex data structures and conversions
- Profiling and optimizing routines to make them run magnitudes faster
- Assisting actuarial programmers with writing scalable and robust code
- Designing and implementing new features for AXIS in the user interface and database areas
- Liaising between system developers and actuarial programmers
- Troubleshooting issues for internal clients
- Testing and reconciling new features
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong hands on experience in C++ development
- Excellent understanding of algorithm designs
- Experience in database technologies and SQL knowledge, an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience in or exposure to embedded database engines
- Prior experience developing financial applications in the actuarial field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Technical aptitude with an eye for detail
Please submit your resume in confidence to Technical Resumes.
We look forward to hearing from you!